The Calendar Time lesson is a 35 minute music lesson plan for children from 3 to 7 years old, it is 14 pages long, including 7 printables and it’s filled with singing, rhythm and musical movement activities.
Focus – A lesson plan to teach the days of the week and the months of the year.
- Learning the solfège scale, playing chime bars and encouraging singing.
- Practicing the steady beat with rhythmic actions, developing listening skills, and tapping rhythms.
- Building new vocabulary, learning the days of the week and months of the year.
- Exploring a variety of different percussion instruments and building confidence.
- Following the rules of the game and following directions.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
The Calendar Time lesson is also available as part of our seasonal bundle of lesson plans for the Autumn/Fall term 12 weeks of music lessons in suggested weekly order to help save time and keep things simple at the discounted price of $49
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.