This lesson plan has a Winter theme to encourage us all to embrace the season! It’s packed with musical activities, penguins, a snowman, puppets, and of course lots of snow too. It’s the perfect lesson plan for when you’re expecting winter weather, or just wishing for it! This lesson is suitable for children of 2 1/2 – 7 years old and it is 11 pages long with 5 printables included.
The Winter digital lesson plan focuses on the following activities:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with actions – speech development and motor skills
- Social skills working in a group and building confidence
- Learning about the simple pleasures of the winter season.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.